Monday, October 3, 2011

Little Dixie Lake CA, Callaway County

This evening I went back to Little Dixie Lake to try my luck with catfish one last time in 2011. I was using all three rods to try for catfish until sunset, when I switched one rod to a silver rooster tail. It turned out to be a good move, as I quickly landed a 9 1/8" Largemouth Bass!


The sun faded into twilight just a few moments later.


I planned to leave around 7:30pm, but when the time came I had just started to read an article on my phone. I decided I would reel in my last two lines when I finished the article and head home. So, I finished reading and wasn't surprised to see both of my bobbers still floating on the water's surface. I grabbed the rod on the right, reeled it in, stripped the chicken off the hook and prepared it for the walk back to the car.

When it was time to put the second rod away I couldn't see the bobber. It was underwater! I grabbed the rod, cranked the reel a few times and pulled in an 11 1/8" (11 oz.) Yellow Bullhead! I love ending a fishing trip with a fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment